Welcome Back, Summit Church!
Current Phase: Safer at Home effective September 27th – Current
Approved Service Types: Online, small groups, outdoor/indoor Worship with capacity limits, weddings and funerals.
The COVID-19 Safety Team approved the following guidelines as of August 27, 2020.
For physical distancing, we are staggering arrival times.
- If your last name begins with A-M, please arrive 20 minutes before the service (Ex. 8:40AM for 9:00AM service)
- If your last name begins with N-Z, please arrive 10 minutes before the service (Ex. 8:50AM for 9:00AM service)
If your household has more than one last name, feel free to pick a time.
Below is our What to Expect Guidelines. Please read them before attending service so we can ensure a safe and quality experience for all. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEFORE YOU COME
- If you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days such as high fever, dry cough, loss of smell and taste, sore throat, muscle pain, or chills, please remain home and watch the live-stream at 5:30PM on Saturday or 9AM Sunday. We will continue to livestream the traditional service at 11 a.m. each weekend for the foreseeable future as many who attend that service have indicated it will be sometime next year before they are ready to return to in-person worship.
- People at increased risk of severe illness including older adults, people of any age with the following health conditions: cancer, chronic lung and kidney disease, immunocompromised state, heart conditions, and Type 2 diabetes mellitus, as well as anyone who is a caretaker of someone who has a health condition are strongly advised to participate online
- If you have been recently and knowingly exposed or tested positive to COVID-19, please remain at home for the recommended 14 days and watch the service on the live-stream.
- We will have children’s programming for ages 2-5th grade during the 5:30PM and 9:00AM services. Children over 5 must wear a mask. For those who want to stay in service, we will have pew packets available for the service or feel free to bring any necessary worship tools/activities from home.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Masks must be worn entering ,exiting, moving around the building, and through the entire service.
- Please maintain physical distance (6 ft of space) on your way into the church building and follow the markings on the floor to ensure one-way traffic flow.
- We ask that everyone enter through the designated front door of the church building.
- Greeters will direct you to the registration table, then ushers will seat your party in a designated section that is physically distanced from others. If you want to sit with a friend(s) from another household, you must register on one form and your party will be seated together.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE
- Please always remember to stay at least 6 feet apart, greet one another in ways that acknowledge each other without physically touching, and remain with your household.
- Avoid touching surfaces. Please note, all surfaces and bathrooms will be cleaned/sanitized before and after each service.
- To create a touchless experience, we will not have bulletins or pass the attendance pads. Communion will be served in pre-packaged juice and wafer sets by a gloved volunteer.
- Singing and responsive reading is not recommended except from the Worship team.
- The café will be closed until further notice. Come caffeinated.
- If you can, please use the restroom before arriving to church. We must limit how many people use the restroom at one time. If you need to go, ushers will be available to direct you.
WHEN YOU DEPART
- Ushers will dismiss each row and direct traffic to exit the building from the south side. Please avoid congregating in the Sanctuary.
- If you develop COVID-19symptoms within a couple of days after our church service, please contact the church office at 970-247-4213.
Thank you for your cooperation and grace in helping us to reopen Summit Church as safely as possible. We can’t wait to see you again!
Small Group Guidelines:
- Small groups up to 10 people may begin to meet indoors ONLY during office hours (TBD) starting the week of October 5th.
- Administrative staff maintains discretion on which groups meet, when, and what space will be used.
- Groups are limited to select rooms.
- All groups participant must check-in the front office and follow screening protocol.
- Groups must follow mask requirement and practice safe physical distancing.
- Only one group is allowed at a time in the building.
- Groups are required to clean and sanitize after each meeting. For accountability, there will be a sign-off sheet.
- Groups who fail to follow these guidelines will not be able to meet at the church.
- No food is permitted.
- Rooms must be reserved in advance.
Wedding and Funeral Guidelines:
- Services must follow indoor worship guidelines.
- Receptions are not allowed for the remaining year.
- Food is not permitted.