Current Phase: Safer at Home effective June 4th – Current
Approved Service Types: Online, small groups, outdoor/indoor Worship with capacity limits, weddings and funerals.
The COVID-19 Safety Team approved the following guidelines as of August 27, 2020.
Indoor Worship Guidelines (includes Rooted Ministry):
- The 5:30 Saturday service and 9:00am Sunday service are approved for indoor worship starting October 3rd and 4th. Services will continue to be live-streamed on all digital platforms. The traditional service will also continue to be live-streamed at 11:00am.
- Up to 50 people per service plus up to 15 volunteers and staff permitted in the Sanctuary.
- People at increased risk of severe illness including older adults, people of any age with the following health conditions: cancer, chronic lung and kidney disease, immunocompromised state, heart conditions, and Type 2 diabetes mellitus, as well as anyone who is a caretaker of someone who has a health condition are strongly advised to participate online.
- Masks are required to enter the building and must be worn for the entire service.
- Safe distancing practiced in all seating.
- Practice one-way traffic flow with clear markings and direction.
- Volunteers and staff are required to perform a temperature check and symptom screening before service.
- Pre-registration strongly encouraged.
- Staggered arrival time and shortened services.
- Singing and responsive reading is not recommended except from the Worship team.
- Restrooms frequently sanitized and capacity limited.
- Create a touchless experience – online giving, digital announcements, no passing of attendance notepads.
- Communion may be served as prepackaged juice and wafer sets by a gloved volunteer.
- Café closed.
Separate Children’s programming will be considered in the near future.
Small Group Guidelines:
- Small groups up to 10 people may begin to meet indoors ONLY during office hours (TBD) starting the week of October 5th.
- Administrative staff maintains discretion on which groups meet, when, and what space will be used.
- Groups are limited to select rooms.
- All groups participant must check-in the front office and follow screening protocol.
- Groups must follow mask requirement and practice safe physical distancing.
- Only one group is allowed at a time in the building.
- Groups are required to clean and sanitize after each meeting. For accountability, there will be a sign-off sheet.
- Groups who fail to follow these guidelines will not be able to meet at the church.
- No food is permitted.
- Rooms must be reserved in advance.
Wedding and Funeral Guidelines:
- Services must follow indoor worship guidelines.
- Receptions are not allowed for the remaining year.
- Food is not permitted.