Current Phase: Level Orange, effective as of 1/4/21.
Approved Service Types: Online, Small Groups, Outdoor and Indoor Worship with capacity limits, Weddings, and Funerals.
The following was approved by the COVID-19 Safety Team as of January 14, 2021.
Indoor Worship Guidelines (includes Rooted Ministry):
- The 5:30 Saturday service and 9:00am Sunday service are approved for indoor worship starting January 23rd and 24th. Services will continue to be live streamed on all digital platforms.
- Up to 50 people per service plus up to 15 volunteers and staff permitted in the Sanctuary.
- People at increased risk of severe illness including older adults, people of any age with the following health conditions: cancer, chronic lung and kidney disease, immunocompromised state, heart conditions, and Type 2 diabetes mellitus, as well as anyone who is a caretaker of someone who has a health condition are strongly advised to participate online.
- Face coverings are required to enter the building and must be worn for the entire service.
- Safe distancing practiced in all seating.
- Volunteers and staff are required to undergo a temperature check and symptom screening before service.
- Pre-registration strongly encouraged.
- Staggered arrival times and shortened services.
- Singing and responsive reading is not recommended except from the Worship team.
- Restrooms frequently sanitized and capacity limited.
- Create a touchless experience – online giving, digital announcements, no passing of attendance notepads.
- Communion may be served as prepackaged juice and wafer sets by a gloved volunteer.
- Café closed
Children’s programming will be starting the same weekend with restrictions. Check with Celia Rothhaas for details.
Small Group Guidelines:
- Small groups up to 10 people may begin to meet indoors ONLY during office hours (T-TH, 9:00 – 3:00) beginning the week of Monday, February 1st. Groups may meet in the evening or on the weekend if there is a staff member present who will take responsibility for cleaning the area afterwards and lock the building.
- Administrative staff maintains discretion on which groups meet, when, and what space will be used.
- Groups are limited to select rooms.
- All groups participant must check-in the front office and follow screening protocol.
- All group members who are meeting in the building must practice safe physical distancing and have a face covering on at all times, even while in a meeting.
- Only one group is allowed at a time in the building.
- Groups are required to clean and sanitize after each meeting. For accountability, there will be a sign-off sheet.
- Groups who fail to follow these guidelines will not be able to meet at the church.
- No food is permitted.
- Rooms must be reserved in advance.
Wedding and Funeral Guidelines:
- Services must follow indoor worship guidelines
- Receptions are not allowed for the foreseeable future.
- Food is not permitted.
Room Capacity Limits:
Family Room/Wesley Parlor/135: All limit of 10 people, no tables. Having people sit around tables limits the capacity as it is difficult to get 6’ of distance while seated at the tables. 2 people per table.
Room 204: 8 people capacity, no tables. Room is smaller than the others. 6 people with tables.
Sanctuary: 50 people seated.
Fellowship Hall: 35 people seated.